The Los Angeles Dodgers had a record-setting offensive outburst against the last place Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday night. The Dodgers routed their NL West rivals 22-1 (box score) and set or tied several franchise records in the process.
First and foremost, the 22 runs are the most ever scored by a single team at Dodger Stadium. The ballpark opened in 1962, four years after the club relocated from Brooklyn. Here are the five highest single-team run totals in Dodger Stadium history:
- Dodgers vs. D-Backs: 22 runs on July 11, 2021
- Dodgers vs. Brewers: 21 runs on Aug. 2, 2019
- Giants vs. Dodgers: 19 runs on Sept. 14, 2013
- Dodgers vs. D-Backs: 18 runs on March 28, 2019
- Dodgers vs. Padres: 18 runs on Sept., 13, 1977
The 22 runs are tied for the most the Dodgers have scored in a game since relocating to Los Angeles. They also scored 22 runs against the Rockies on July 21, 2001. The franchise record is 25 runs way back in 1901, when the Brooklyn Dodgers blew out the Reds. This was the 17th time in franchise history the Dodgers scored at least 20 runs, and seventh time they scored at least 22 runs.